The one thing that we have never done in twenty years is to hold a food contest. Now is the time! This contest will be a little different than the old boring run of the mill contest.
What makes it different? The people eligible to participate in the contest are those that read this blog or our 1898 Waverly Inn newsletter and then come stay at the inn during the month of October. Bring us your recipe for the perfect breakfast dish that you would like to see as a regular addition to our menu. The only submissions that will be considered are those that are brought with you during a stay in the month of October. We will talk about them with you and maybe even try to cook your suggestions during your time at the inn.
During the first week of November we will announce the winner of the contest and name the menu item after that person. The winning submission will be part of our every day offering and we will award the winner a two night gift certificate.
Here is a small sample of things to do in Hendersonville during your October visit
- Absolute Theatre (on Main St.) is presenting "The Miracle Worker" on the first two weekends.
- Flat Rock Playhouse Main Stage has "The Drowsy Chaperone" through the 17th.
- Flat Rock Playhouse Second Stage has "Music of Billy Joel" with Dustin Brayley and Ryan Guerra the 3rd through the 5th.
- Flat Rock Playhouse is performing "A Few Good Men" at the Historic Hendersonville Courthouse (on Main St.) the 6th through the 30th.
- Kathy Mattea Concert at Biltmore Estate on the 1st.
- Art on Main Festival (on Main St.) the 2nd & 3rd. Some of the finest artists and artisans from the Southeast.
- Farm City Day at Jackson Park - Yes, there are hayrides! October 2
- Motorama with all the new 2011 cars on display will be on Main Street on October 9th.
- Bonsai Expo is at the Arboretum on the 9th & 10th.
- Hendersonville Symphony presents "The Composer & The Pianist" is October 9th.
We hope we've given you yet another reason to visit the 1898 Waverly Inn in Hendersonville, NC very soon!
John, Diane, Darla & Debbie
The Waverly Inn
Bed and Breakfast Hendersonville NC