This is a guest post by Debbie Jones, Innkeeper at 1898 Waverly Inn.
People often ask us, “What can we do in the Hendersonville area during the winter?” It’s a great question and one with lots of answers! Here is a list of some of our favorite recommendations. (In no specific order)
- Moonshine Mountain Snow Tubing – Only 15 minutes from the inn, this park has over 500 feet of fun & excitement for all ages and is one of the only Snow Tubing Parks in the Southeast that allows trains. They make their own snow so as long as the temperatures are low they are open on weekends and holidays.
- Biltmore Estate – January through Mid-March we offer a great package and an Audio Tour of the House is included in every admission! (That’s an additional $10 savings!)
- Check out the museums in downtown Hendersonville
o Team ECCO Ocean Center & Aquarium (currently closed for renovations until Feb. 5)
o Hands On! A Child’s Museum – this one is highly recommended for kids 1-12 (they may never want to leave!)
- Shopping – Did you know that we have some great shopping here? With over 50 unique stores in just downtown Hendersonville we can’t possibly list them all here but we’ll give you a map and a list when you arrive. Here are a few area favorites…
o Bloomfield’s of Flat Rock (Dining, kitchen, housewares, patio, and more)
- Winery & Brewery Tours – This area has become a haven for craft breweries and wineries. Here are a few with-in a 10 minutes of downtown Hendersonville. (If you want to explore more ask us for a complete list when you visit)
We hope we have shown you that there are great reasons to come to the lower mountains of WNC in the winter!
John, Diane, Darla & Debbie
1898 Waverly Inn
Bed and Breakfast Hendersonville NC